Sunday 9 December 2012

It might be weird to some and familiar to others, but a good breakfast, lunch or dinner can make my day. To keep my body healthy and my mind happy I try to eat healthy and get a work out done as often as possible. But, as life can get quite stressy, at times I do struggle with maintaining this lifestyle.



An ideal day for me would be:

Breakfast:
A peach, nectarine, some pineapple mixed in with my overnight oats.
One big cup of green tea and a cup of coffee with soy milk.
Excercise:
A 30 minute run.
Snack:
A slice of rye bread with philadelphia light and half an avocado.
Lunch:
Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, the other half of the avocado, raspberries, goat cheese and some balsamic vinegar.
Snack:
Hummus with cucumber sticks. A handful of almonds
Excercise:
A full body pilates work out by Cassey Ho from Blogilates.

Dinner:
Cod fish out of the oven, with jacket sweet potato and baby carrots.
After dinner:
A big cup of green tea and a few spoons of Total 0% fat Greek yogurt.


I must say eating healthy may cost a little more and it surely takes up more time. But for me it is so worth it. I can notice a huge difference in my skin when I've been eating a certain way: acne free and glowing.

To stimulate myself to eat healthy I've decided that from now on, I'll be regularly posting food logs on my blog. Hopefully it does stimulate me and inspires some of you.

Let me know in the comments what your favourite healthy meals and snacks are!

Here's a fun quote to finish off with:
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. - Jim Davis

PS: please don't deprive yourself! If you're craving chocolate, have a piece or two, just don't eat the whole bar. Same goes for all the other unhealthy but delicious things we sometimes crave.

No comments: