Monday 18 March 2013

Life: Music of the moment.

Happy Monday everyone!

A couple of weeks ago I shared my love for British musician Ben Howard with you all. This time I want to do it a little different and share some of my favourite songs of the moment with you. I don't know about you, but I definitely have periods in which I listen to the same songs over and over until I find other songs. These are the songs I've listened to over the past couple of weeks (in no particular order).

1. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
Justin Timberlake is back! He leaked his album The 20/20 Experience on Itunes last week and ever since that day I've been listening to Mirrors at least 5 times a day. While I really had to get used to the sound of Suit & Tie, Mirrors reminds me a lot of his old music, in a good way.

2. Passenger - Let Her Go
Mike Rosenberg, who is better known by his stage name Passenger, released his fifth album in 2012. I don't know why or how this happened but before a few weeks ago I had never heard of him. The first time I heard Let Her Go I was (a little tipsy) in a taxi. I did my best to remember parts of the lyrics but I failed miserably. The second time I heard it was in a McDonalds in Germany, and again I failed in remembering the lyrics. Last week I saw him on TV and recognised the song instantly, lucky me! I think it's such a beautiful song, perfect for girls after a break up who want to feel sorry for themselves (which is absolutely fine in my opinion, just don't feel like that for too long).

3. Passenger - Staring At The Stars
Same artist, different song. I must say that I don't like the intro of this song which is why I always fast forward 15 seconds. I love the lyrics as they're funny, motivational and a bit sad too. Listen to the song and let me know what you think about it :).

4. Ben Howard - Gracious
This is a sad but another beautiful song by the very talented Ben Howard. If you'd like to see the other blog post I did on his music click here.
 
5. Ellie Goulding - Figure 8
 Figure 8 was the first song I listened to of Ellie Goulding's album Halcyon (2012). She has an amazing voice and I have enjoyed her music over the years. I really like this album but this has to be my favourite song on it. I honestly had it on repeat for 3 days in a row. My favourite part is when the beat kicks in, making the song a lot more powerful.

Have a great week everyone! Let's all make most of it :) xx

No comments: