Monday 11 March 2013

Make Up Monday: Favourite Lipsticks.

I'd like to dedicate the first blog post of the week to one of my favourite types of make up: Lipstick. I've picked my four most used items to show to you. I agree that four is a very random number, but these are the colours I like to wear the most.
 



My four favorites from left to right are: Kiko Cosmetics Ultra Glossy Lipstick in 807, MAC Cosmetics amplified lipstick in the colour Chatterbox, Maybelline Colour Sensational in Intense Pink and MAC Cosmetics amplified lipstick in the colour Impassioned.
 
An overview of them all together, picture clearly taken with flash.


This beauty is MAC Cosmetics amplified lipstick in the colour Impassioned. It's a very bright, almost watermelon pink. As it is an amplified lipstick it's creamy and seriously stays on forever so there's no need to re-apply much throughout the day. This is my go to lipstick whenever I need some colour to brighten up my face.
 

Here we have MAC Cosmetics amplified lipstick in Chatterbox, a very pretty barbie pink colour. Like the previous lipstick I've showed you, this one is another amplified formulation and it's not drying on the lips, stays on extremely well. On my lips it looks exactly like it does in the tube. I think it's a very flattering colour that make's me look happy and feminine the moment I put it on. I also like to just dab it onto my lips and use it as a lipstain quite often.


 I've recently picked up this Maybelline Colour Sensational lipstick in Intense Pink on a trip to Aachen (Germany). I had never seen this in The Netherlands, when I saw it in the store I quickly swatched it on my hand. It looked like a nude pink, and that's exactly what I find it to be on the lips.
It's quite creamy and stays on nicely during the day. After eating or drinking it does need some re-applying but other than that, perfect! When I'm in a rush I usually throw this one in my purse to apply at any given time during the day


.
As the name would suggest this Kiko Cosmetics Ultra Glossy lipstick in 807 one is very glossy but at the same time moisturizing on the lips. I used this one a lot on cold winter days, as it really kept my lips hydrated. It has quite a sheer colour payoff but is definitely noticable. On me it is a nice coral colour but this depends on my natural lipcolour.



                           Left: natural light without flash.         Right: with flash.
To get this colour payoff all products have been swiped 3 times.
 
Top to bottom:
MAC Cosmetics amplified Impassioned
MAC Cosmetics amplified Chatterbox
Maybelline Colour Sensational Intense Pink
Kiko Cosmetics Ultra Glossy 807.
 
 
I'm by no means an expert in make up nor am I trying to come across as one. I just know what I like to wear and I have tried to describe the colours the best I could. I hope you have enjoyed seeing these colours and maybe are inspired to trying some out.

I hope you will all have a great week! :) xx

Note: All pictures are taken with flash (unless stated otherwise), this made the colours extremely true to what they look like in natural light.

No comments: